The sending off of Maeda sent Celtic into a tailspin. Celtic manager Enji Postecoglou revealed his uncomfortable feelings.

Celtic lost 2-4 to Hibernian in the 37th round of the 2022-23 Scottish Premiership at Easter Road in Edinburgh, Scotland, at 3:45 a.m. ET on Friday. It was the third loss of the season for leaders Celtic (31 wins, 3 draws).토토사이트

Celtic were in control of the game. In the 40th minute, McGregor earned a penalty kick (PK), and Hatate stepped up to take it, finishing in the bottom right corner. We went into halftime with a 1-0 lead.

Seven minutes into the second half, Celtic regained the lead through Oh Hyun-Gyu. In the 13th minute of the second half, a cross came in from Munjeon and Oh’s first-time shot was blocked by a defender and deflected sideways. He was then surrounded by defenders and used his concentration to slide it in. It was Oh’s fourth goal of the league and fifth of the season.

But there was an unexpected twist. In the 22nd minute of the second half, Maeda stepped on a defender’s foot while pressing. A yellow card was shown, and Maeda, who had already been cautioned in the 44th minute, was sent off cumulatively. Celtic were forced to play the rest of the game with 10 men.

After Maeda’s sending off, Celtic collapsed as if possessed. In the 29th minute, PK was awarded after Ralston was fouled on a corner kick. Nisbet stepped up to take the spot kick. The lead was gone. In the 35th minute, Yuan took a mid-range shot. It was headed straight at the goal, but the keeper couldn’t catch it and it went in. It was an own goal. In the 41st minute, Hanlon’s header found Bernabéi, who slotted it home.

It was a disappointing defeat, even if they had clinched the title. “Before the red card, we were in a good position and were looking forward to finishing the game strongly,” Postecoglu said after the game. Obviously, after the red card, everything happened: (the opponent’s) canceled red card, PK, mistakes. We were crazy in the last 20 minutes,” he said.

“After Maeda went off, the game became chaotic. Hibernian’s red card was canceled and then everything seemed out of control. We lost our way,” he added.

The circumstances of Hibernian’s sending off that Postecoglou was referring to came a minute after Maeda’s departure. In the 23rd minute of the second half, Doyle Hayes made a back tackle on Oh Hyun-gyu in the center circle. The referee showed a direct red card. However, after an on-field review, it was corrected to a caution.

It’s safe to say that Celtic’s demise started with Maeda’s sending off.

By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *