I think a coach with the best career, excellent competence, and communication skills should come.”
On the morning of the 31st, six short-track athletes from Seongnam City Hall, including Korean short-track leader Choi Min-jeong (25), posted an article entitled “Athlete’s Position on Coach Hiring” on their social network service (SNS) account.
On this day, Seongnam City decided to announce the results of hiring short track coaches. Seongnam City announced that there was no final successful candidate this afternoon. Seongnam City plans to go through the recruitment process again from the beginning soon.메이저놀이터
Seongnam City decided not to renew the contract with head coach Son Se-won (63), whom he had a relationship with since 2002, and posted a job announcement on December 19 last year as a coach for the workplace sports team. A total of seven people applied, including Viktor An (Ahn Hyun-soo, 38), who was naturalized as a Russian ahead of the 2014 Sochi Olympics, and former Chinese national team coach Kim Seon-tae (47), who recruited Viktor An as a coach for the 2022 Beijing Olympics.
On the 13th of last month, four days after the news of the two people’s application was announced through media reports, the Korea Skating Instructors’ Federation said that Viktor Ahn lied during the Russian naturalization process, and that former coach Kim was aware of Shim Seok-hee (26)’s assault in the athlete’s village. They claimed to have concealed this, saying, “They are not qualified to coach players in Korea.” Regarding this, an ice skating official said, “The Leaders Federation is an organization with a deep relationship with former national coach Yeo Jun-hyeong (40), who applied for this recruitment, so we need to listen to their claims.”
As negative public opinion continued after that, Seongnam City reported on the 29th of last month that “Victor Ahn and former coach Kim were not in the top two multiple candidates.” The ‘entrance statement’ of six players from Seongnam City Hall, including Choi Min-jeong, came out to the world two days before the news that the two had been eliminated in the recruitment process had passed.
Regarding the timing of the announcement, Choi Min-jung said, “The statement was already submitted to Seongnam City on the 9th of last month.” ”he explained.
Fan reaction was cold. One netizen criticized, “The players said in their statement that they were worried about ‘selection by outside influence’, but they themselves are trying to exert their influence.” Seongnam City Hall players such as Choi Min-jeong posted social media posts with the comment function restricted from the beginning.